Antietam Report

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
      All,

      You can read the first installment of my Anniversary Weekend report here:

      http://bullrunnings.wordpress.com/2007/09/16/now-i-need-a-nap/

      Harry

    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 18, 2007
        Part Two:

        http://bullrunnings.wordpress.com/2007/09/17/antietam-weekend-continued/

        Harry

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 18, 2007
          Harry,

          Excellent blog postings...did not mind the "travelogue" one bit.
          This past weekend I was at Neersville, Va on Loudon Heights for
          the "for us by us" reenactor event of Sharpsburg. Very
          interesting indeed.

          I wanted to stop by on Sunday afternoon on the trip back to visit
          the field and pay my respects, but as my wife (the six star
          general) was driving, my wishes were overruled.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 18, 2007
            Harry,

            Thanks for posting these. It is fun to hear about your weekend.

            Here is an old. pre-bypass picture of those rocks you showed deep in
            the West Woods. The old park road used to go right in front of the and
            I think that Keith told me they are thinking about recreating the old
            road bed:

            http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/jacksonsRocks.jpg

            Stephen

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 18, 2007
              Yes, there are Antietam Guides, but only very recently, the past couple
              years in fact. Steve is one, as am I, and about 10 other people. There
              is a webpage for the guides linked to the NPS site and to Steve's
              Virtual Antietam site. The guides are administered and booked through
              the Western MD Interp. Asso. which runs the Antietam bookstore. They
              have a site too, or you can call them at 301-432-4329.