Re: [TalkAntietam] Action at Shepherstown

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 9, 2001
      David;

      IIRC, the Union crossing of the Potomac by the Sixth US Army
      Corps resulted in what was known on the Federal side as the
      Battle of Boteler's Ford. The Confederates would have named it
      after the nearest town, being Shepherdstown.

      I do not know if this helps, but perhaps some others in the group
      might be able to assist.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",