Re: [TalkAntietam] SHAF donates $5,000 to restore the Piper Farm Lane

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2007
      Thanks Tom, you've reminded me to get that notice on SHAF's website,
      along with a picture of me handing John the check.

      >>> "Tom Shay" <RoteBaron@...> 08/17/07 10:53 PM >>>
      From Antietam NPS website:

      Save Historic Antietam Foundation donates $5000 to Antietam National
      Battlefield to restore the Historic Piper Farm Lane.
      Date: August 17, 2007

      This donation will allow the National Park Service to begin work on this
      restoration project several years ahead of schedule. Work will include
      repairing several areas which have suffered from severe erosion,
      installing erosion control devices, construction of a safe tread and
      installation of historically accurate fences. Upon completion the Piper
      Farm Lane will become a part of the expanding Antietam National
      Battlefield Trail System and will be open to the public.

      According to Superintendent Howard: The Save Historic Antietam
      Foundation has been an active and dedicated partner to the National Park
      Service in protecting and preserving the Sharpsburg battlefield. They
      are to commended for this gift to the people of the United States.

      POSTED BY: Tom Shay - proud member of SHAF