Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
      I also suggest Sharpsburg Heritage Day, which is Saturday, September 15, 2007, 9 AM - 5 PM.

      SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
      All Day
      Information Table at the Square
      Town History Display at Town Hall
      Crafts, Demonstrations, and Food on S. Mechanic St.
      Self-guided Antietam Battle Hospitals walking tour
      9:00 Rohrersville Band at Music Tent � 1 hour
      10:00 Antietam Battle Hospitals of Sharpsburg Tour-guided tour by John Nelson.
      10:00 Wildcat Regiment Band Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
      10:30 Lecture at Town Hall � Ted Alexander �Citizens of Sharpsburg during Battle of Antietam�
      11:00 2nd Maryland Fife and Drum Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
      12:00 Remembrance Ceremony & Battle of the Bands on S. Mechanic Street
      1:30 Antietam Women�s Ensemble concert � 1/2 hour
      2:00 Antietam Battle Hospitals of Sharpsburg Walking Tour-guided tour by John Nelson.
      2:00 Wildcat Regiment Band Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
      2:30 Lecture at Town Hall � Sandy Izer, �Chaplain�s Mount Pleasant�
      3:00 2nd Maryland Fife and Drum Concert at Tent � 1 hour
      5 � 7 Pig Roast Picnic Dinner at St. Paul�s Episcopal Church, 209 W. Main Street
      7:00 Alley walk with the 2nd Maryland Fifes and Drums � meet at the music tent
      7:30 Jimmy Brown & Friends Concert �American Hymns/Appalachian Hoedown� - St. Paul�s Episcopal Church, 209 W. Main Street

      From: rotebaron@...

      The full anniversary schedule will soon be posted on the Antietam NPS website.
      Go to http://www.nps.gov/anti/ and check the Event Schedule.

      From: "vicki" <vwright51@...>
      I know the anniversary of the battle is on the 17th. Is there any
      information on activites/reinactments/dates? Hopefully will be on a
      weekend and a weekend I don't have to work.
      Vicki in Maryland

    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
        SHAF will also be conducting three lectures in conjunction with the festival
        (John Schildt, John Nelson, and Tom Clemens). We will have a full schedule
        posted on the website (www.shaf.org) tomorrow or Friday.

        Harry

        From: rotebaron@...

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
          Thanks a lot.

          Vicki in Maryland

          >From: RoteBaron@...
          >To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam
          >Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:51:36 +0000
          >
          >The full anniversary schedule will soon be posted on the Antietam NPS
          >website.
          >Go to http://www.nps.gov/anti/ and check the Event Schedule.
          >
          >Tom Shay

          >From: "vicki" <vwright51@...>
          >I know the anniversary of the battle is on the 17th. Is there any
          >information on activites/reinactments/dates? Hopefully will be on a
          >weekend and a weekend I don't have to work.
          >Vicki in Maryland

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Harry Smeltzer
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2009
            Photo essay on Bloody Lane trail.

            http://bullrunnings.wordpress.com/2009/10/04/antietams-bloody-lane-trail/

            Harry

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
              Great blog Harry! Sorry to hear your knee is giving you trouble!
              JD also has a great one as well about his Antietam/Sharpsburg
              visit!

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
                Yes, I linked to JD's blog post at the bottom of the article, as well as one
                written by Brian Downey. I know Craig Swain was with Brian, but it doesn't
                look like he wrote a post on the Bloody Lane tour.

                From: "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@comcast. <mailto:hjs21%40comcast.net> net>