This just in . . .

  • Mark A. Pflum
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 8, 2001
      I'll be on the battlefield at Sharpsburg on Sunday (10/14/01) with a
      group of Scouts from Mohnton, PA. I do this with them every October
      and we have a very good time touring the place. One year we even
      teamed up with a group from West Chester, New York and recreated the
      two 51st's taking Rohrbach's Bridge! THAT was an event that I, and a
      few of the lads, will never forget! They did a better job at
      recreating the historic event than most reenactments that I've been
      in! ;-)

      If you're in the area and see a small mountain wearing an artillery
      sergeant's uniform of the blue variety, wander closer and say good
      day! We usually do the hike of the Ninth Corps end of the field in
      the fore-noon and then pay our respects at the National Cemetery
      before sounding The General and heading back for home.

      Mark A. Pflum

      Hurrah for the Artillery!
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2001
        Mark,
        Enjoy the hike....the field is pretty this time of year with the
        fall foliage.

        If you happen to be up in The Cornfield area at all, please pay
        your respects at the Texas monument for me.

        Your humble servant,
        Gerry Mayers
        Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

        Edward Lee

        > I'll be on the battlefield at Sharpsburg on Sunday (10/14/01)
        with a
        > group of Scouts from Mohnton, PA. I do this with them every
        October
        > and we have a very good time touring the place. One year we
        even
        > teamed up with a group from West Chester, New York and
        recreated the
        > two 51st's taking Rohrbach's Bridge! THAT was an event that I,
        and a
        > few of the lads, will never forget! They did a better job at
        > recreating the historic event than most reenactments that I've
        been
        > in! ;-)
        >
        > If you're in the area and see a small mountain wearing an
        artillery
        > sergeant's uniform of the blue variety, wander closer and say
        good
        > day! We usually do the hike of the Ninth Corps end of the
        field in
        > the fore-noon and then pay our respects at the National
        Cemetery
        > before sounding The General and heading back for home.
        >
        > Mark A. Pflum
        >
        > Hurrah for the Artillery!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.