Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam

  • RoteBaron@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
      The full anniversary schedule will soon be posted on the Antietam NPS website.
      Go to http://www.nps.gov/anti/ and check the Event Schedule.

      From: "vicki" <vwright51@...>
      I know the anniversary of the battle is on the 17th. Is there any
      information on activites/reinactments/dates? Hopefully will be on a
      weekend and a weekend I don't have to work.
      Vicki in Maryland

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
        Dear Vicki,

        Go to the NPS website for Antietam which is www.nps.gov/anti .

        Hope this helps.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
          I also suggest Sharpsburg Heritage Day, which is Saturday, September 15, 2007, 9 AM - 5 PM.

          SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
          All Day
          Information Table at the Square
          Town History Display at Town Hall
          Crafts, Demonstrations, and Food on S. Mechanic St.
          Self-guided Antietam Battle Hospitals walking tour
          9:00 Rohrersville Band at Music Tent � 1 hour
          10:00 Antietam Battle Hospitals of Sharpsburg Tour-guided tour by John Nelson.
          10:00 Wildcat Regiment Band Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
          10:30 Lecture at Town Hall � Ted Alexander �Citizens of Sharpsburg during Battle of Antietam�
          11:00 2nd Maryland Fife and Drum Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
          12:00 Remembrance Ceremony & Battle of the Bands on S. Mechanic Street
          1:30 Antietam Women�s Ensemble concert � 1/2 hour
          2:00 Antietam Battle Hospitals of Sharpsburg Walking Tour-guided tour by John Nelson.
          2:00 Wildcat Regiment Band Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
          2:30 Lecture at Town Hall � Sandy Izer, �Chaplain�s Mount Pleasant�
          3:00 2nd Maryland Fife and Drum Concert at Tent � 1 hour
          5 � 7 Pig Roast Picnic Dinner at St. Paul�s Episcopal Church, 209 W. Main Street
          7:00 Alley walk with the 2nd Maryland Fifes and Drums � meet at the music tent
          7:30 Jimmy Brown & Friends Concert �American Hymns/Appalachian Hoedown� - St. Paul�s Episcopal Church, 209 W. Main Street

          From: rotebaron@...

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
            SHAF will also be conducting three lectures in conjunction with the festival
            (John Schildt, John Nelson, and Tom Clemens). We will have a full schedule
            posted on the website (www.shaf.org) tomorrow or Friday.

            Harry

            From: rotebaron@...

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 15, 2007
              Thanks a lot.

              Vicki in Maryland

              >From: RoteBaron@...
              >To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam
              >Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:51:36 +0000
              >
              >The full anniversary schedule will soon be posted on the Antietam NPS
              >website.
              >Go to http://www.nps.gov/anti/ and check the Event Schedule.
              >
              >Tom Shay

              >From: "vicki" <vwright51@...>
              >I know the anniversary of the battle is on the 17th. Is there any
              >information on activites/reinactments/dates? Hopefully will be on a
              >weekend and a weekend I don't have to work.
              >Vicki in Maryland

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Harry Smeltzer
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2009
                Photo essay on Bloody Lane trail.

                http://bullrunnings.wordpress.com/2009/10/04/antietams-bloody-lane-trail/

                Harry

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
                  Great blog Harry! Sorry to hear your knee is giving you trouble!
                  JD also has a great one as well about his Antietam/Sharpsburg
                  visit!

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
                    Yes, I linked to JD's blog post at the bottom of the article, as well as one
                    written by Brian Downey. I know Craig Swain was with Brian, but it doesn't
                    look like he wrote a post on the Bloody Lane tour.

                    From: "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@comcast. <mailto:hjs21%40comcast.net> net>