Antietam

  • vicki
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15 1:19 AM
      I know the anniversary of the battle is on the 17th. Is there any
      information on activites/reinactments/dates? Hopefully will be on a
      weekend and a weekend I don't have to work.
      Vicki in Maryland
    • RoteBaron@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 15 4:51 AM
        The full anniversary schedule will soon be posted on the Antietam NPS website.
        Go to http://www.nps.gov/anti/ and check the Event Schedule.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 15 5:33 AM
          Dear Vicki,

          Go to the NPS website for Antietam which is www.nps.gov/anti .

          Hope this helps.

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 15 12:20 PM
            I also suggest Sharpsburg Heritage Day, which is Saturday, September 15, 2007, 9 AM - 5 PM.

            SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
            All Day
            Information Table at the Square
            Town History Display at Town Hall
            Crafts, Demonstrations, and Food on S. Mechanic St.
            Self-guided Antietam Battle Hospitals walking tour
            9:00 Rohrersville Band at Music Tent � 1 hour
            10:00 Antietam Battle Hospitals of Sharpsburg Tour-guided tour by John Nelson.
            10:00 Wildcat Regiment Band Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
            10:30 Lecture at Town Hall � Ted Alexander �Citizens of Sharpsburg during Battle of Antietam�
            11:00 2nd Maryland Fife and Drum Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
            12:00 Remembrance Ceremony & Battle of the Bands on S. Mechanic Street
            1:30 Antietam Women�s Ensemble concert � 1/2 hour
            2:00 Antietam Battle Hospitals of Sharpsburg Walking Tour-guided tour by John Nelson.
            2:00 Wildcat Regiment Band Concert at Music Tent � 1 hour
            2:30 Lecture at Town Hall � Sandy Izer, �Chaplain�s Mount Pleasant�
            3:00 2nd Maryland Fife and Drum Concert at Tent � 1 hour
            5 � 7 Pig Roast Picnic Dinner at St. Paul�s Episcopal Church, 209 W. Main Street
            7:00 Alley walk with the 2nd Maryland Fifes and Drums � meet at the music tent
            7:30 Jimmy Brown & Friends Concert �American Hymns/Appalachian Hoedown� - St. Paul�s Episcopal Church, 209 W. Main Street

            From: rotebaron@...

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 15 12:56 PM
              SHAF will also be conducting three lectures in conjunction with the festival
              (John Schildt, John Nelson, and Tom Clemens). We will have a full schedule
              posted on the website (www.shaf.org) tomorrow or Friday.

              Harry

              From: rotebaron@...

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 15 9:16 PM
                Thanks a lot.

                Vicki in Maryland

                >From: RoteBaron@...
                >To: TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam
                >Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 11:51:36 +0000
                >
                >The full anniversary schedule will soon be posted on the Antietam NPS
                >website.
                >Go to http://www.nps.gov/anti/ and check the Event Schedule.
                >
                >Tom Shay

                >From: "vicki" <vwright51@...>
                >I know the anniversary of the battle is on the 17th. Is there any
                >information on activites/reinactments/dates? Hopefully will be on a
                >weekend and a weekend I don't have to work.
                >Vicki in Maryland

                >Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Harry Smeltzer
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2009
                  Photo essay on Bloody Lane trail.

                  http://bullrunnings.wordpress.com/2009/10/04/antietams-bloody-lane-trail/

                  Harry

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
                    Great blog Harry! Sorry to hear your knee is giving you trouble!
                    JD also has a great one as well about his Antietam/Sharpsburg
                    visit!

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 4, 2009
                      Yes, I linked to JD's blog post at the bottom of the article, as well as one
                      written by Brian Downey. I know Craig Swain was with Brian, but it doesn't
                      look like he wrote a post on the Bloody Lane tour.

                      From: "Harry Smeltzer" <hjs21@comcast. <mailto:hjs21%40comcast.net> net>