Re: George W. Batchelder 19th MA

  • barringer63
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 13, 2007
      Richard Croker wrote:

      > When I can across Sam Zook's premonition of death prior to
      Fredericksburg, I almost left it out...I thought it was too much of a
      cliche. Since he confided it to Hancock the night before, I felt like
      I had to leave it in and let the fiction critics hammar me for it.
      What the heck -- I already had a frail, stuttering Irishman...
      > What I guess I'm saying is, it's not much of a stretch to suggest
      that virtually every soldier has such thoughts "just before the
      battle..."

      Then there's the private who before every battle, wrote in his
      journal, "today I was killed." IIRC, he survived the war. :-)

      Teej