Re: [TalkAntietam] Speaking of Books...

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
      Tom & Angela�s �We have Too Many Books� List

      All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first
      served, email response only. Shipping rates � USPS unless other
      arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt�l book.

      1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray,
      First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

      2. Memoirs of a Confederate Staff Officer From Bethel to Bentonsville,
      (James Ratchford) Sieburg & Hansen, eds. 1998, - $5.00

      3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993,
      ppbk, - $5.00

      4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, -
      $5.00

      5. Reveille in Washington 1861-1865, Margaret Leech boxed edition 1989
      intro by James McPherson - $7.00

      6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander
      Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

      7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
      Catton, 1961. - $5.00

      8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow,
      Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

      9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked,
      ex-lib. - $3.00

      10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

      11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson,
      1998 ppbk. - $4.00

      12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

      13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978,
      ex-lib, - $15.00

      14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
      Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

      15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor
      water damage - $5.00

      16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

      17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00
      18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

      19. Spartan Band, Burnett�s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 -
      $5.00

      20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

      21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

      22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof,
      ppbk. $5.00

      23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

      24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson,
      1991 - $3.00

      25. Confederate Courier, trial of John Surratt, Helen Campbell, 1966,
      ex-lib. - $4.00

      26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

      27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook �, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

      28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

      29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

      30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
        Gang,

        If anyone has not yet had the pleasure of reading "Recollections
        of a Confederate Staff Officer" by G Moxley Sorrel, it is a first
        class work. I have a personal copy and it is a pleasure to read.

        Tom, thought this little plug might help someone who is
        undecided.

        Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

        All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come
        first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless
        other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l
        book.

        1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray
        Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr.
        2007, - $7.00

        2. SOLD

        3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson,
        1993, ppbk, - $5.00

        4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates,
        94, - $5.00

        5. SOLD

[...]

        25. SOLD

        26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, -
        $5.00

        27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 -
        $5.00

        28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

        29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

        30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

        Thank you

        >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
        Tom,

        The Yahoo software protects us from file attachments by stripping
        them off when you post to the group. Please paste your book list
        into the body of a message, and re-try, would you?

        Thanks,
        Brian

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
          Tom;

          Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

          That's how it works in MY house.

          Richard

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
            No, she is as "sick" as I am. It is the combing of our two collections that have resulted in lots of duplicates.

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
              These folks fought at Antietam under Meade, but where, exactly? Thanks.

              Stephen Recker
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                Found it in Carman. Thanks.

                Stephen