Re: [TalkAntietam] Speaking of Books...

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007

      No book list given??

      From: "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@...>
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 3:02 PM
      Subject: RE: [TalkAntietam] Speaking of Books...

    • bdowney@aotw.org
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007

        The Yahoo software protects us from file attachments by stripping them off when you post to the group. Please paste your book list into the body of a message, and re-try, would you?

        Thanks,
        Brian

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
          Tom & Angela�s �We have Too Many Books� List

          All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first
          served, email response only. Shipping rates � USPS unless other
          arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt�l book.

          1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray,
          First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

          2. Memoirs of a Confederate Staff Officer From Bethel to Bentonsville,
          (James Ratchford) Sieburg & Hansen, eds. 1998, - $5.00

          3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993,
          ppbk, - $5.00

          4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, -
          $5.00

          5. Reveille in Washington 1861-1865, Margaret Leech boxed edition 1989
          intro by James McPherson - $7.00

          6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander
          Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

          7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
          Catton, 1961. - $5.00

          8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow,
          Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

          9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked,
          ex-lib. - $3.00

          10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

          11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson,
          1998 ppbk. - $4.00

          12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

          13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978,
          ex-lib, - $15.00

          14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
          Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

          15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor
          water damage - $5.00

          16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

          17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00
          18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

          19. Spartan Band, Burnett�s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 -
          $5.00

          20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

          21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

          22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof,
          ppbk. $5.00

          23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

          24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson,
          1991 - $3.00

          25. Confederate Courier, trial of John Surratt, Helen Campbell, 1966,
          ex-lib. - $4.00

          26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

          27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook �, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

          28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

          29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

          30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
            Ah, sorry. here it is:
            Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

            All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

            1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

            2. SOLD

            3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

            4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

            5. SOLD

[...]

            25. SOLD

            26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

            27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

            28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

            29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

            30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

            Thank you

            >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
            Tom,

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
              Gang,

              If anyone has not yet had the pleasure of reading "Recollections
              of a Confederate Staff Officer" by G Moxley Sorrel, it is a first
              class work. I have a personal copy and it is a pleasure to read.

              Tom, thought this little plug might help someone who is
              undecided.

              Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

              All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come
              first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless
              other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l
              book.

              1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray
              Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr.
              2007, - $7.00

              2. SOLD

              3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson,
              1993, ppbk, - $5.00

              4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates,
              94, - $5.00

              5. SOLD

              6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and
              Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

              7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
              Catton, 1961. - $5.00

              8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis
              Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

              9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine
              cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

              10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973,
              pbk. - $3.00

              11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks
              Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

              12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

              13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel,
              1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

              14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
              Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

              15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk.
              Minor water damage - $5.00

              16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

              17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk -
              $5.00

              18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

              19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid,
              2005 - $5.00

              20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

              21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

              22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected
              proof, ppbk. $5.00

              23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. -
              $4.00

              24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James
              McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

              25. SOLD

              26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, -
              $5.00

              27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 -
              $5.00

              28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

              29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

              30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

              Thank you

              >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
              Tom,

            • richard@rcroker.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                Tom;

                Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

                That's how it works in MY house.

                Richard
                Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                2. SOLD

                3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                5. SOLD

                6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

                10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

                11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

                14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone & Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor water damage - $5.00

                16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00

                18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 - $5.00

                20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof, ppbk. $5.00

                23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

                24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

                25. SOLD

                26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                Thank you

                >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                Tom,

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                  No, she is as "sick" as I am. It is the combing of our two collections that have resulted in lots of duplicates.

                  >>> <richard@...> 08/13/07 9:04 PM >>>
                  Tom;

                  Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

                  That's how it works in MY house.

                  Richard
                  Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                  All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                  1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                  2. SOLD

                  3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                  4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                  5. SOLD

                  6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                  7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                  8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                  9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

                  10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

                  11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                  12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                  13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

                  14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone & Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                  15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor water damage - $5.00

                  16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                  17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00

                  18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                  19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 - $5.00

                  20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                  21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                  22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof, ppbk. $5.00

                  23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

                  24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

                  25. SOLD

                  26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                  27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                  28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                  29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                  30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                  Thank you

                  >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                  Tom,

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
                    These folks fought at Antietam under Meade, but where, exactly? Thanks.

                    Stephen Recker
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                      Found it in Carman. Thanks.

                      Stephen