Re: [TalkAntietam] Speaking of Books...

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
      Tom,

      No book list given??

      From: "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@...>
      To: <TalkAntietam@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 3:02 PM
      Subject: RE: [TalkAntietam] Speaking of Books...

    • bdowney@aotw.org
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
        Tom,

        The Yahoo software protects us from file attachments by stripping them off when you post to the group. Please paste your book list into the body of a message, and re-try, would you?

        Thanks,
        Brian

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
          Tom & Angela�s �We have Too Many Books� List

          All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first
          served, email response only. Shipping rates � USPS unless other
          arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt�l book.

          1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray,
          First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

          2. Memoirs of a Confederate Staff Officer From Bethel to Bentonsville,
          (James Ratchford) Sieburg & Hansen, eds. 1998, - $5.00

          3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993,
          ppbk, - $5.00

          4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, -
          $5.00

          5. Reveille in Washington 1861-1865, Margaret Leech boxed edition 1989
          intro by James McPherson - $7.00

          6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander
          Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

          7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
          Catton, 1961. - $5.00

          8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow,
          Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

          9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked,
          ex-lib. - $3.00

          10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

          11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson,
          1998 ppbk. - $4.00

          12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

          13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978,
          ex-lib, - $15.00

          14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
          Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

          15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor
          water damage - $5.00

          16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

          17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00
          18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

          19. Spartan Band, Burnett�s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 -
          $5.00

          20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

          21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

          22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof,
          ppbk. $5.00

          23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

          24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson,
          1991 - $3.00

          25. Confederate Courier, trial of John Surratt, Helen Campbell, 1966,
          ex-lib. - $4.00

          26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

          27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook �, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

          28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

          29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

          30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
            Ah, sorry. here it is:
            Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

            All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

            1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

            2. SOLD

            3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

            4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

            5. SOLD

[...]

            25. SOLD

            26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

            27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

            28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

            29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

            30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

            Thank you

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
              Gang,

              If anyone has not yet had the pleasure of reading "Recollections
              of a Confederate Staff Officer" by G Moxley Sorrel, it is a first
              class work. I have a personal copy and it is a pleasure to read.

              Tom, thought this little plug might help someone who is
              undecided.

              Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

              All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come
              first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless
              other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l
              book.

              1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray
              Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr.
              2007, - $7.00

              2. SOLD

              3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson,
              1993, ppbk, - $5.00

              4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates,
              94, - $5.00

              5. SOLD

            • richard@rcroker.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                Tom;

                Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

                That's how it works in MY house.

                Richard

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                  No, she is as "sick" as I am. It is the combing of our two collections that have resulted in lots of duplicates.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
                    These folks fought at Antietam under Meade, but where, exactly? Thanks.

                    Stephen Recker
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                      Found it in Carman. Thanks.

                      Stephen