RE: [TalkAntietam] Speaking of Books...

  • bdowney@aotw.org
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
      No worries, Tom, please post the list. I'm willing to bet the choices will be of interest to this group.

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
        Hi folks,
        It is time to "thin" the shelves here at home so we have a list of stuff
        to move out. The list is attached, prices are cheap and first come,
        first served.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007

          No book list given??

        • bdowney@aotw.org
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007

            The Yahoo software protects us from file attachments by stripping them off when you post to the group. Please paste your book list into the body of a message, and re-try, would you?

            Thanks,
            Brian

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
              Tom & Angela�s �We have Too Many Books� List

              All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first
              served, email response only. Shipping rates � USPS unless other
              arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt�l book.

              1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray,
              First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

              2. Memoirs of a Confederate Staff Officer From Bethel to Bentonsville,
              (James Ratchford) Sieburg & Hansen, eds. 1998, - $5.00

              3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993,
              ppbk, - $5.00

              4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, -
              $5.00

              5. Reveille in Washington 1861-1865, Margaret Leech boxed edition 1989
              intro by James McPherson - $7.00

              6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander
              Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

              7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
              Catton, 1961. - $5.00

              8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow,
              Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

              9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked,
              ex-lib. - $3.00

              10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

              11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson,
              1998 ppbk. - $4.00

              12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

              13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978,
              ex-lib, - $15.00

              14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
              Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

              15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor
              water damage - $5.00

              16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

              17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00
              18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

              19. Spartan Band, Burnett�s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 -
              $5.00

              20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

              21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

              22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof,
              ppbk. $5.00

              23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

              24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson,
              1991 - $3.00

              25. Confederate Courier, trial of John Surratt, Helen Campbell, 1966,
              ex-lib. - $4.00

              26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

              27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook �, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

              28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

              29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

              30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                Ah, sorry. here it is:
                Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                2. SOLD

                3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                5. SOLD

[...]

                25. SOLD

                26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                Thank you

                >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                Tom,

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                  Gang,

                  If anyone has not yet had the pleasure of reading "Recollections
                  of a Confederate Staff Officer" by G Moxley Sorrel, it is a first
                  class work. I have a personal copy and it is a pleasure to read.

                  Tom, thought this little plug might help someone who is
                  undecided.

                  Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                  All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come
                  first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless
                  other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l
                  book.

                  1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray
                  Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr.
                  2007, - $7.00

                  2. SOLD

                  3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson,
                  1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                  4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates,
                  94, - $5.00

                  5. SOLD

                  6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and
                  Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                  7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
                  Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                  8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis
                  Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                  9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine
                  cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

                  10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973,
                  pbk. - $3.00

                  11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks
                  Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                  12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                  13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel,
                  1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

                  14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
                  Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                  15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk.
                  Minor water damage - $5.00

                  16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                  17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk -
                  $5.00

                  18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                  19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid,
                  2005 - $5.00

                  20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                  21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                  22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected
                  proof, ppbk. $5.00

                  23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. -
                  $4.00

                  24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James
                  McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

                  25. SOLD

                  26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, -
                  $5.00

                  27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 -
                  $5.00

                  28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                  29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                  30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                  Thank you

                  >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                  Tom,

                • richard@rcroker.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                    Tom;

                    Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

                    That's how it works in MY house.

                    Richard
                    Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                    All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                    1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                    2. SOLD

                    3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                    4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                    5. SOLD

                    6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                    7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                    8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                    9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

                    10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

                    11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                    12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                    13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

                    14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone & Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                    15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor water damage - $5.00

                    16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                    17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00

                    18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                    19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 - $5.00

                    20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                    21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                    22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof, ppbk. $5.00

                    23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

                    24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

                    25. SOLD

                    26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                    27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                    28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                    29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                    30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                    Thank you

                    >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                    Tom,

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                      No, she is as "sick" as I am. It is the combing of our two collections that have resulted in lots of duplicates.

                      >>> <richard@...> 08/13/07 9:04 PM >>>
                      Tom;

                      Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

                      That's how it works in MY house.

                      Richard
                      Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                      All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                      1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                      2. SOLD

                      3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                      4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                      5. SOLD

                      6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                      7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                      8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                      9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

                      10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

                      11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                      12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                      13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

                      14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone & Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                      15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor water damage - $5.00

                      16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                      17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00

                      18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                      19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 - $5.00

                      20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                      21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                      22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof, ppbk. $5.00

                      23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

                      24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

                      25. SOLD

                      26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                      27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                      28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                      29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                      30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                      Thank you

                      >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                      Tom,

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
                        These folks fought at Antietam under Meade, but where, exactly? Thanks.

                        Stephen Recker
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                          Found it in Carman. Thanks.

                          Stephen