Speaking of Books...

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
      Question for Brian - I don't want to step on toes, or turn this into a
      commercial site, but I have a list of Civil War books that I am selling.
      Would you object to my posting it here?
      Tom Clemens

    • bdowney@aotw.org
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
        No worries, Tom, please post the list. I'm willing to bet the choices will be of interest to this group.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
          Hi folks,
          It is time to "thin" the shelves here at home so we have a list of stuff
          to move out. The list is attached, prices are cheap and first come,
          first served.

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007

            No book list given??

          • bdowney@aotw.org
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007

              The Yahoo software protects us from file attachments by stripping them off when you post to the group. Please paste your book list into the body of a message, and re-try, would you?

              Thanks,
              Brian

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                Tom & Angela�s �We have Too Many Books� List

                All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first
                served, email response only. Shipping rates � USPS unless other
                arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt�l book.

                1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray,
                First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                2. Memoirs of a Confederate Staff Officer From Bethel to Bentonsville,
                (James Ratchford) Sieburg & Hansen, eds. 1998, - $5.00

                3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993,
                ppbk, - $5.00

                4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, -
                $5.00

                5. Reveille in Washington 1861-1865, Margaret Leech boxed edition 1989
                intro by James McPherson - $7.00

                6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander
                Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
                Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow,
                Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked,
                ex-lib. - $3.00

                10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

                11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson,
                1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978,
                ex-lib, - $15.00

                14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
                Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor
                water damage - $5.00

                16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00
                18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                19. Spartan Band, Burnett�s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 -
                $5.00

                20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof,
                ppbk. $5.00

                23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

                24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson,
                1991 - $3.00

                25. Confederate Courier, trial of John Surratt, Helen Campbell, 1966,
                ex-lib. - $4.00

                26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook �, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                  Ah, sorry. here it is:
                  Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                  All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                  1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                  2. SOLD

                  3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                  4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                  5. SOLD

[...]

                  25. SOLD

                  26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                  27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                  28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                  29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                  30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                  Thank you

                  >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                  Tom,

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                    Gang,

                    If anyone has not yet had the pleasure of reading "Recollections
                    of a Confederate Staff Officer" by G Moxley Sorrel, it is a first
                    class work. I have a personal copy and it is a pleasure to read.

                    Tom, thought this little plug might help someone who is
                    undecided.

                    Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                    All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come
                    first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless
                    other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l
                    book.

                    1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray
                    Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr.
                    2007, - $7.00

                    2. SOLD

                    3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson,
                    1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                    4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates,
                    94, - $5.00

                    5. SOLD

                    6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and
                    Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                    7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
                    Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                    8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis
                    Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                    9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine
                    cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

                    10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973,
                    pbk. - $3.00

                    11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks
                    Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                    12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                    13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel,
                    1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

                    14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
                    Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                    15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk.
                    Minor water damage - $5.00

                    16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                    17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk -
                    $5.00

                    18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                    19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid,
                    2005 - $5.00

                    20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                    21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                    22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected
                    proof, ppbk. $5.00

                    23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. -
                    $4.00

                    24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James
                    McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

                    25. SOLD

                    26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, -
                    $5.00

                    27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 -
                    $5.00

                    28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                    29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                    30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                    Thank you

                    >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                    Tom,

                  • richard@rcroker.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                      Tom;

                      Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

                      That's how it works in MY house.

                      Richard
                      Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                      All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                      1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                      2. SOLD

                      3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                      4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                      5. SOLD

                      6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                      7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                      8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                      9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

                      10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

                      11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                      12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                      13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

                      14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone & Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                      15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor water damage - $5.00

                      16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                      17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00

                      18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                      19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 - $5.00

                      20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                      21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                      22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof, ppbk. $5.00

                      23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

                      24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

                      25. SOLD

                      26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                      27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                      28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                      29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                      30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                      Thank you

                      >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                      Tom,

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                        No, she is as "sick" as I am. It is the combing of our two collections that have resulted in lots of duplicates.

                        >>> <richard@...> 08/13/07 9:04 PM >>>
                        Tom;

                        Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

                        That's how it works in MY house.

                        Richard
                        Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                        All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                        1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                        2. SOLD

                        3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                        4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                        5. SOLD

                        6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                        7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                        8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow, Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                        9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked, ex-lib. - $3.00

                        10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

                        11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson, 1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                        12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                        13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978, ex-lib, - $15.00

                        14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone & Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                        15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor water damage - $5.00

                        16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                        17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00

                        18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                        19. Spartan Band, Burnett’s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 - $5.00

                        20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                        21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                        22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof, ppbk. $5.00

                        23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

                        24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson, 1991 - $3.00

                        25. SOLD

                        26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                        27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                        28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                        29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                        30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                        Thank you

                        >>> <bdowney@...> 08/13/07 5:02 PM >>>
                        Tom,

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
                          These folks fought at Antietam under Meade, but where, exactly? Thanks.

                          Stephen Recker
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                            Found it in Carman. Thanks.

                            Stephen