Speaking of Books...

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
      Question for Brian - I don't want to step on toes, or turn this into a
      commercial site, but I have a list of Civil War books that I am selling.
      Would you object to my posting it here?
      Tom Clemens

    • bdowney@aotw.org
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
        No worries, Tom, please post the list. I'm willing to bet the choices will be of interest to this group.

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
          Hi folks,
          It is time to "thin" the shelves here at home so we have a list of stuff
          to move out. The list is attached, prices are cheap and first come,
          first served.

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
            Tom,

            No book list given??

          • bdowney@aotw.org
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
              Tom,

              The Yahoo software protects us from file attachments by stripping them off when you post to the group. Please paste your book list into the body of a message, and re-try, would you?

              Thanks,
              Brian

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                Tom & Angela�s �We have Too Many Books� List

                All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first
                served, email response only. Shipping rates � USPS unless other
                arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt�l book.

                1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray,
                First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                2. Memoirs of a Confederate Staff Officer From Bethel to Bentonsville,
                (James Ratchford) Sieburg & Hansen, eds. 1998, - $5.00

                3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993,
                ppbk, - $5.00

                4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, -
                $5.00

                5. Reveille in Washington 1861-1865, Margaret Leech boxed edition 1989
                intro by James McPherson - $7.00

                6. The Union That Shaped the Confederacy, Roberrt Toombs and Alexander
                Stephens, William Davis, 2001 - $5.00

                7. Crucial Moment of the Civil War, William Webb, ed. Intro. By
                Catton, 1961. - $5.00

                8. Fear Was Not in Him, The Civil War Letters of MG Francis Barlow,
                Christian Samito, ed. 2004, - $7.00

                9. Ulysses S. Grant Soldier & President, Perret, 1997, spine cracked,
                ex-lib. - $3.00

                10. Tracing Your Civil War Ancestor, B. H. Groene, 1973, ppbk. - $3.00

                11. Passing of the Armies, Joshua Chamberlain, intro Brooks Simpson,
                1998 ppbk. - $4.00

                12. Drawn With the Sword, James McPherson 1996 - $3.00

                13. Recollections of a Confederate Staff Officer, Moxley Sorrel, 1978,
                ex-lib, - $15.00

                14. Why the South Lost the Civil War, Beringer, Hattaway, Jone &
                Still, 1986, ppbk - $10.

                15. Life of Billy Yank, Bell I. Wiley, 1998 printing, ppbk. Minor
                water damage - $5.00

                16. Landscape Turned Red, Sears, 1983 ppbk. - $5.00

                17. The Complete Civil War, Phil Katcher2003 printing, ppbk - $5.00
                18. Gettysburg, a Journey in Time, Frasanito, 1975 ppbk. - $4.00

                19. Spartan Band, Burnett�s 13th Texas Cavalry, Thomas Reid, 2005 -
                $5.00

                20. Confederate Emancipation, Bruce Levine, 2006, ppbk. - $5.00

                21. Civil War Milledgeville, Hugh Harrington, 2005, ppbk - $3.00

                22. Gettysburg, A Testing of Courage, Trudeau, 2002, uncorrected proof,
                ppbk. $5.00

                23. Reign of Iron, 1st Ironclads, James Nelson, 2004 ppbk. - $4.00

                24. Abraham Lincoln & the 2nd American Revolution, James McPherson,
                1991 - $3.00

                25. Confederate Courier, trial of John Surratt, Helen Campbell, 1966,
                ex-lib. - $4.00

                26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook �, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                  Ah, sorry. here it is:
                  Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                  All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l book.

                  1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr. 2007, - $7.00

                  2. SOLD

                  3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson, 1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                  4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates, 1994, - $5.00

                  5. SOLD

[...]

                  25. SOLD

                  26. Antietam: Crossroads of Freedom, James McPherson, 2002, - $5.00

                  27. Civil War A to Z The Complete Handbook …, Linedecker, 2002 - $5.00

                  28. Gone For Soldiers, Shaara, 2000, - $5.00

                  29. Rise To Rebellion, Shaara, 2001, - $5.00

                  30. Last Full Measure, Shaara 1998, - $5.00

                  Thank you

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                    Gang,

                    If anyone has not yet had the pleasure of reading "Recollections
                    of a Confederate Staff Officer" by G Moxley Sorrel, it is a first
                    class work. I have a personal copy and it is a pleasure to read.

                    Tom, thought this little plug might help someone who is
                    undecided.

                    Tom & Angela’s “We have Too Many Books” List

                    All book hardback and very good shape unless noted. First come
                    first served, email response only. Shipping rates – USPS unless
                    other arrangements made, first book - $4.00; $1.00 for each addt’l
                    book.

                    1. Ultimate Sacrifice at the battle of Kernstown, William Gray
                    Murray, First PA Col to Die in the Civil War, Rod Gainer Jr.
                    2007, - $7.00

                    2. SOLD

                    3. Chancellorsville 1863, The Souls of the Brave, Fergurson,
                    1993, ppbk, - $5.00

                    4. A Woman of Valor, Clara Barton and the Civil War, Oates,
                    94, - $5.00

                    5. SOLD

                  • richard@rcroker.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                      Tom;

                      Are you absolutely certain that it's not Angela's "Tom Has Too Many Books List"?

                      That's how it works in MY house.

                      Richard

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                        No, she is as "sick" as I am. It is the combing of our two collections that have resulted in lots of duplicates.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 14, 2007
                          These folks fought at Antietam under Meade, but where, exactly? Thanks.

                          Stephen Recker
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                            Found it in Carman. Thanks.

                            Stephen