Re: [TalkAntietam] USAToday article: 9/17/01

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2001
      Tom;

      Thank you for both articles. The comparison between September 11
      and September 17 certainly crossed my mind too.

      And it appears also to have been on the minds of thousands of
      other Americans too.

      Did those who gave the last full measure of devotion at Antietam
      die in vain? According to the articles, that appears to not have
      been the case. We are a stronger nation today because of the
      sacrifice of boys of blue and boys of gray. And we _will_ be a
      stronger nation from the sacrifice of the innocent victims of New
      York, the Pentagon and a farm field in Shanksville, Pa.

      Your humble servant,
      Gerry Mayers
      Co. B, "Tom Green Rifles",

      Edward Lee

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001

        Ditto on your comments concerning Tom's post. I for one am proud of my
        fellow countrymen's response to recent events.

        Also, since the group has been quiet lately would you pardon an off topic
        question? Are any TalkAntietam members going to the North-South Skirmish
        Association competition this coming weekend in Winchester? For those of you
        who are interested in Artillery and haven't been to the competition, you'll
        have a chance to see quite an array of cannon firing live rounds at targets
        downrange. I have been to most of these competitions in Winchester over the
        past few years and have truly enjoyed myself.

        David Lutton
        Hollidaysburg Pa