Re: [TalkAntietam] Battlefield map for 9/18?

  • Joseph Pierro
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 11, 2007
      I've never seen a detailed map for the 18th. Closest I've ever seen are one or two 19th century maps of 9/18 with the battle line for each army drawn upon it, but no detail as to specific units.

      I've used a number of the Travelbrains simulations for other battlefields, but I've never seen the Antietam one they made. Does anyone know when it cuts off?

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 12, 2007
        The only thing I have seen are the two plates in the OR Atlas, XXVIII-1
        and XXIX-2 that show lines, but no details, on the night of the 17th.

        >>> "stv_cw" <longhorn123@...> 07/11/07 6:15 PM >>>
        Hello, Everyone.

        I'm new to the forum and am trying to locate a detailed battlefield map
        for the morning after
        the battle, on 9/18 -- something that would serve as a visual aid for
        studying details of the
        entire field (thin Confederate defense of Nicodemus Heights, truce
        sectors, Humphreys'
        support of the Ninth Corps, etc.). A rep from the Visitor's Center feels
        that such a thing
        doesn't exist; if this is the case, would the next best thing be the
        5:30 p.m. 9/17 Carman-
        Cope map? Many thanks in advance!

        Steve
      • stv_cw
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 12, 2007
          Thank you all for taking the time to respond. I'll research the OR Atlas plates and Library
          of Congress maps, and will also take a second look at my Travelbrains battle simulation
          from the Antietam Expedition Guide and see where it ends.

          Kindest regards,