Re: [TalkAntietam] Road to Lambs Knoll from Wise's Field

  • Joseph Pierro
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2007
      Steve:

      In my experience, the owners are good about letting folks walk the property. As you noted, however, it's a one lane road (hence their ban on cars; they don't want someone going up it when they're trying to go down).

      In my travels there, I haven't often seen the road in use, but I'm sure that the first time a CW buff drives it they'll encounter someone heading the other way down the road and thereby provoke the owners to tighten access to the property as a whole.

      --Jake

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2007
        Steve,
        It is an FAA site and the fellow who used to run it is an 8th Ohio Inf.
        nut, a good fellow. They don't mind walkers, but vehicles are a
        problem. If you call in advance they will notify their people and it is
        OK. I do that if I take a motorcoach down there. I have not met the
        new person running it. It sued to be a Cold War comm site, hence the
        concrete silo for the anenae, but now they just talk to airplanes.