Re: [TalkAntietam] Lee rocks

    Message 1 of 24 , May 7 6:14 PM

      That's great. Thanks.

      BOD mentions O.T.'s book. I'll check it out. Still looking for a photo,
      though.

      Stephen

      Message 2 of 24 , May 7 6:28 PM
        Stephen,

        The museum at Antietam NBP has in one of its cases the original
        pencilled note from HKD to his father announcing the fall of
        Harpers Ferry.... does that help?

        Message 3 of 24 , May 7 6:30 PM
          Does anyone have this book: The Douglas diary;: Student days at
          Franklin and Marshall College, 1856-1858

          It supposedyl has handwriting facsimile endpapers. If anyone has it,
          I'd appreciate seeing what HKD's handwriting looks like. Thanks.

          Stephen

          Message 4 of 24 , May 7 6:31 PM
            That is perfect. Thanks!

            Stephen

            Message 5 of 24 , May 7 6:31 PM
              Isn't there a picture of that in some book. Possibly Time-Life. I'll
              look. Thanks.

              Message 6 of 24 , May 7 6:35 PM
                Yup, it's in the Voices of the Civil War.

                tephen

                On Monday, May 7, 2007, at 09:31 PM, Stephen Recker wrote:

                > Isn't there a picture of that in some book. Possibly Time-Life. I'll
                > look. Thanks.
              • jeffcowvplanning
                Message 7 of 24 , May 7 7:21 PM
                  In my research I found an article in the Middletown Valley Register
                  reporting on the destruction of the rock. I'll see if I can dig it up.

                  Steve
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 7 7:30 PM
                    Thanks. That would be great.

                    Stephen

                    Message 9 of 24 , Oct 24, 2007
                      Jeff,

                      Did you ever find that? Is there somewhere I can go check this? Thanks.

                      Stephen

                      On Monday, May 7, 2007, at 10:21 PM, jeffcowvplanning wrote:

                      > In my research I found an article in the Middletown Valley Register
                      > reporting on the destruction of the rock. I'll see if I can dig it up.
                      >
                      > Steve
                    • jeffcowvplanning
                      Message 10 of 24 , Oct 29, 2007
                        Stephen...

                        It fell off my plate with my recent move.

                        I will check my files this week for you.

                        Steve Bockmiller