Re: [TalkAntietam] Lee rocks

    Message 1 of 24 , May 7, 2007
      Speaking of HKD, does anyone know what his signature looks like, or his
      handwriting in general? Thanks.

      -sjr

      Message 2 of 24 , May 7, 2007

        That's great. Thanks.

        BOD mentions O.T.'s book. I'll check it out. Still looking for a photo,
        though.

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 24 , May 7, 2007
          Stephen,

          The museum at Antietam NBP has in one of its cases the original
          pencilled note from HKD to his father announcing the fall of
          Harpers Ferry.... does that help?

          Message 4 of 24 , May 7, 2007
            Does anyone have this book: The Douglas diary;: Student days at
            Franklin and Marshall College, 1856-1858

            It supposedyl has handwriting facsimile endpapers. If anyone has it,
            I'd appreciate seeing what HKD's handwriting looks like. Thanks.

            Stephen

            Message 5 of 24 , May 7, 2007
              That is perfect. Thanks!

              Stephen

              Message 6 of 24 , May 7, 2007
                Isn't there a picture of that in some book. Possibly Time-Life. I'll
                look. Thanks.

                Message 7 of 24 , May 7, 2007
                  Yup, it's in the Voices of the Civil War.

                  tephen

                  On Monday, May 7, 2007, at 09:31 PM, Stephen Recker wrote:

                  > Isn't there a picture of that in some book. Possibly Time-Life. I'll
                  > look. Thanks.
                • jeffcowvplanning
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 7, 2007
                    In my research I found an article in the Middletown Valley Register
                    reporting on the destruction of the rock. I'll see if I can dig it up.

                    Steve
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 7, 2007
                      Thanks. That would be great.

                      Stephen

                      Message 10 of 24 , Oct 24, 2007
                        Jeff,

                        Did you ever find that? Is there somewhere I can go check this? Thanks.

                        Stephen

                        On Monday, May 7, 2007, at 10:21 PM, jeffcowvplanning wrote:

                        > In my research I found an article in the Middletown Valley Register
                        > reporting on the destruction of the rock. I'll see if I can dig it up.
                        >
                        > Steve
                      • jeffcowvplanning
                        Message 11 of 24 , Oct 29, 2007
                          Stephen...

                          It fell off my plate with my recent move.

                          I will check my files this week for you.

                          Steve Bockmiller