Re: [TalkAntietam] Treason?

    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 19, 2007
      Thanks. maybe it's in his new book.

      Stephen

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 20, 2007
        Stephen,

        Yes, it is.

        God. --Anonymous

      • colliszouave@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
          Besides John Hoptak's book and the work of Carman, edited and annotated by Clemens, what others are "must-haves" re: South Mountain?

          Respectfully,

          Mike Peters
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
            Mike;

            Although it does have many errors in it, I would still recommend J M
            Priest's book "Before Antietam" as a good guide for South Mountain fighting.
            Also, the War College Guide to Antietam has excellent section on South
            Mountain, but I understand (IIRC???) it might be out of print.

            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
              Mike
              You should also consider Tim Reese's book on the Battle of Crampton's Gap. It
              is titled Sealed With Their Lives. I don't know if you can get it new. Amazon
              has it here. It is out of print (I think) and a little expensive but worth your
              consideration.
              Regards
              Jim Rosebrock

                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
                  Mike;

                  You might also find the late Joseph Harsh's book "Taken at the Flood" to
                  have much useful information as well.