Re: [TalkAntietam] Treason?

    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 19, 2007
      Stephen,

      Not sure, but there is an interesting account of a citizen of
      Pennsylvania who left the state to try to jine up with Lee's Army
      during the same campaign, was captured and then when he returned home
      to his home town under guard as a prisoner of war, it got dicey for a
      bit.

      Scott Mingus Sr. might be able to give you the story if you contact
      him at scottmingus@...

      God. --Anonymous

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 19, 2007
        Thanks. maybe it's in his new book.

        Stephen

        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 20, 2007
          Stephen,

          Yes, it is.

          God. --Anonymous

        • colliszouave@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
            Besides John Hoptak's book and the work of Carman, edited and annotated by Clemens, what others are "must-haves" re: South Mountain?

            Respectfully,

            Mike Peters
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
              Mike;

              Although it does have many errors in it, I would still recommend J M
              Priest's book "Before Antietam" as a good guide for South Mountain fighting.
              Also, the War College Guide to Antietam has excellent section on South
              Mountain, but I understand (IIRC???) it might be out of print.

              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
                Mike
                You should also consider Tim Reese's book on the Battle of Crampton's Gap. It
                is titled Sealed With Their Lives. I don't know if you can get it new. Amazon
                has it here. It is out of print (I think) and a little expensive but worth your
                consideration.
                Regards
                Jim Rosebrock

                  Message 8 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
                    Mike;

                    You might also find the late Joseph Harsh's book "Taken at the Flood" to
                    have much useful information as well.