Treason?

    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 19, 2007
      Does anyone know of any writings regarding trouble citizens of Maryland
      got into for joining Lee's army during the Maryland Campaign? Thanks.

      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 19, 2007
        Stephen,

        Not sure, but there is an interesting account of a citizen of
        Pennsylvania who left the state to try to jine up with Lee's Army
        during the same campaign, was captured and then when he returned home
        to his home town under guard as a prisoner of war, it got dicey for a
        bit.

        Scott Mingus Sr. might be able to give you the story if you contact
        him at scottmingus@...

        God. --Anonymous

        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 19, 2007
          Thanks. maybe it's in his new book.

          Stephen

          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 20, 2007
            Stephen,

            Yes, it is.

            God. --Anonymous

          • colliszouave@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
              Besides John Hoptak's book and the work of Carman, edited and annotated by Clemens, what others are "must-haves" re: South Mountain?

              Respectfully,

              Mike Peters
              Message 6 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
                Mike;

                Although it does have many errors in it, I would still recommend J M
                Priest's book "Before Antietam" as a good guide for South Mountain fighting.
                Also, the War College Guide to Antietam has excellent section on South
                Mountain, but I understand (IIRC???) it might be out of print.

                Message 7 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
                  Mike
                  You should also consider Tim Reese's book on the Battle of Crampton's Gap. It
                  is titled Sealed With Their Lives. I don't know if you can get it new. Amazon
                  has it here. It is out of print (I think) and a little expensive but worth your
                  consideration.
                  Regards
                  Jim Rosebrock

                    Message 9 of 25 , Apr 17, 2011
                      Mike;

                      You might also find the late Joseph Harsh's book "Taken at the Flood" to
                      have much useful information as well.