Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: O.T. Reilly, Martin Burgan, and the Dunker Church souvenir shop

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 14, 2007
      There was also a fellow from Keedysville who was a long-time battlefield guide. I think the name was David Wyand. I will check into this when I return home.

      >>> "Adam Zimmerli" <azimmerli@...> 04/13/07 10:35 AM >>>
      I'm working on my Master's thesis, which (in part) looks at Antietam
      and Gettysburg in terms of entrepreneurs.

      I've got a few copied pages out of a Wilmer Mumma book that talks
      about O.T. Reilly. I'll need to re-read them to see if it's the one
      you're talking about.

      BTW, when I was out in the area last, Ted Alexander said that if
      anyone knew much about these two guys (Reilly and Burgan), it'd be
      you, Stephen.

      Any more "pointing me in the right direction" is much appreciated.

      Adam

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 24, 2007
        Adam,

        Why don't you contact me offline and we'll chat.

        Cheers,
        Stephen Recker
        Antietam Battlefield Guides

        P.O. Box 705
        Sharpsburg, MD 21782
        240-217-3664
        800-417-9596

        http://www.virtualantietam.com
        http://www.virtualgettysburg.com
        http://www.anothersoftwaremiracle.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 25, 2007
          Steve,
          "uncle Davy" Wyand in Keedsyville was a long-time guide. He might be
          the fellow referred to in the message.