Re: O.T. Reilly, Martin Burgan, and the Dunker Church souvenir shop

  • Adam Zimmerli
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 13, 2007
      I'm working on my Master's thesis, which (in part) looks at Antietam
      and Gettysburg in terms of entrepreneurs.

      I've got a few copied pages out of a Wilmer Mumma book that talks
      about O.T. Reilly. I'll need to re-read them to see if it's the one
      you're talking about.

      BTW, when I was out in the area last, Ted Alexander said that if
      anyone knew much about these two guys (Reilly and Burgan), it'd be
      you, Stephen.

      Any more "pointing me in the right direction" is much appreciated.

      Adam

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 14, 2007
        There was also a fellow from Keedysville who was a long-time battlefield guide. I think the name was David Wyand. I will check into this when I return home.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 24, 2007
          Adam,

          Why don't you contact me offline and we'll chat.

          Cheers,
          Stephen Recker
          Antietam Battlefield Guides

          P.O. Box 705
          Sharpsburg, MD 21782
          240-217-3664
          800-417-9596

          http://www.virtualantietam.com
          http://www.virtualgettysburg.com
          http://www.anothersoftwaremiracle.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 25, 2007
            Steve,
            "uncle Davy" Wyand in Keedsyville was a long-time guide. He might be
            the fellow referred to in the message.