Re: [TalkAntietam] Frederick Crouse, Pvt. Co. C, 128th Pennsylvania Volunteer Infantry

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 16, 2007
      Tom:

      I think there was a great deal of confusion by the regiment - I am not surprised by that. I have a letter by another member of Co. C that I will try to locate and post.

      Paula

      From: "Thomas Clemens" <clemenst@...>
      In deed I do and frequently mention Croasdale's Knoll when I am giving
      tours. Crouse's recollection of route and formation of the reg't.
      sounded confused to me, but I have not looked at any sources.

      >>> <128thpa@...> 02/16/07 4:54 PM >>>
      I forgot to mention that years ago - several of us did cover the 128th's
      march to the battle. Tom Clemens was a member of that group, along with
      Brian Pohanka and a few others. (Do you remember Tom?)

      Also, now that I was able to research my files, the person who gave
      Stephen the letter is the same person I am in contact with, because I
      have a copy of the letter in my files. Frederick Crouse also had
      another brother Andrew in the 128th.

      Paula
      From: "G E Mayers" <gerry1952@...>

      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 21, 2007
        I am creating a matrix that displays, for each sector of the Maryland
        Campaign, which state fought against which state. I have taken a crack
        at Crampton's Gap and was wondering if any of you wouldn't mind taking
        a look at it to see if I have it right. Thanks.

        http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/stateMatrix_cg.pdf (108kb)

        Stephen Recker