Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: Frederick Crouse

    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 14, 2007
      Brian,

      Glad you enjoyed it. The gentleman said that it was written "years
      later". That's as specific as he got.

      He did relate another, rather fascinating bit:

      "I had two ancestors involved at Antietam. My great grandfather was
      Frederick Crouse and his brother-in-law, my great uncle was John
      Kerbaugh. Both were in the 128th PV Infantry. Crouse was severely
      wounded and Kerbaugh was killed. Family legend has it that the same
      ball struck them both. (I can't vouch for the truth of that statement.)"

      Stephen

      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 21, 2007
        I am creating a matrix that displays, for each sector of the Maryland
        Campaign, which state fought against which state. I have taken a crack
        at Crampton's Gap and was wondering if any of you wouldn't mind taking
        a look at it to see if I have it right. Thanks.

        http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/stateMatrix_cg.pdf (108kb)

        Stephen Recker