Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam: followup notes

  • rotbaron@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2001
      In a message dated 09/18/2001 2:54:11 AM EST, clemens@... writes:
      << Baltimore Lt. Art. and plaque are, (were?) in the West Woods clearing,
      past the maps on the walkway. Not an underground Spring house at Locher, it
      is a root cellar, dry. >>

      Regarding artillery and plaque....I wasn't sure of the spot, so I didn't
      check in that area.

      Thanks for clarification regarding root cellar. The old "Blue & Gray" article
      on West Woods said SHAF was going to set up supports for the cabin. I saw
      many boards attached to the outside of the structure as support, so I assume
      this is SHAF's work. The building is certainly appears in a state of
      near-collapse.

      I stopped at SHAF tent and visited with those great guys. They noted that a
      cleanup is scheduled for November 3.