Re: [TalkAntietam] Who won the battle of Antietam

    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 14, 2007
      Joyce,

      Yes, this is just like Gettysburg. The comparison never struck me
      until, after the Gettysburg tour, someone explained the difference by
      noting that after Antietam, Lincoln was very upset with McClellan
      because of what he perceived as an incomplete victory. Well, I didn't
      see Lincoln sending Meade flowers after Gettysburg.

      Stephen

      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 21, 2007
        I am creating a matrix that displays, for each sector of the Maryland
        Campaign, which state fought against which state. I have taken a crack
        at Crampton's Gap and was wondering if any of you wouldn't mind taking
        a look at it to see if I have it right. Thanks.

        http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/stateMatrix_cg.pdf (108kb)

        Stephen Recker