Re: [TalkAntietam] Christ Reformed Church: CT Memorials

  • (no author)
    Message 1 of 52 , Feb 7, 2007
      Yes Tom they are restoring the windows. The bill was several thousand dollars, and they obtained a grant from MD Historical Trust (I think) for about 5K, needing about 7 or 8K in additional money. SHAF is planning a donation of several thousand to the fund, and probably challenging our membership to match it. It is the first church on the right going west from the square, and is very historic and intact on the interior.

      >>> <RoteBaron@...> 02/07/07 11:37 AM >>>

      A friend is trying to find information (photos or more particulars) regarding the stained glass art window at the Christ Reformed Church in Sharpsburg, MD, that had been donated by the veterans and friends of the 16th CT Regiment and another one at the same church which is dedicated to the Heroes of Company H, 11th Connecticut and donated by a comrade.

      Evidently the church is looking to raise funds to rennovate and preserve these windows.

      Can anyone offer some info?

      Message 52 of 52 , Feb 21, 2007
        I am creating a matrix that displays, for each sector of the Maryland
        Campaign, which state fought against which state. I have taken a crack
        at Crampton's Gap and was wondering if any of you wouldn't mind taking
        a look at it to see if I have it right. Thanks.

        http://www.virtualantietam.com/dan_transfer/stateMatrix_cg.pdf (108kb)

        Stephen Recker