Re: [TalkAntietam] McClellan's after action reports

    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 1, 2007
      Dear Tom,

      I would tend to go with Mac's initial report on Antietam rather than
      his August 1863 report...which, as you state, is not only self serving
      but also the writing of a, for lack of a better word, "cashiered"
      general. Mac's orders to repair himself to Trenton and await further
      orders...which were never sent....effectively "cashiered" him out of
      active service.

      A pretty neat trick by Stanton, IMHO.

      God. --Anonymous
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 1, 2007
        I think this is amazing. It sure isn't talked about much.

        Stephen