Burnside's Bridge diorama

  • Scott Mingus
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2007
      Anyone been to the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg? There is a
      nice 54mm diorama of the storming of Burnside's Bridge by the two
      51sts. It is one of two miniature dioramas currently on display at the
      museum, the other being Shiloh.

      I have seen several other similar dioramas of the bridge before. One by
      artist / dioramist Larry Reber was offered for sale a couple years ago
      at a store in Gettysburg. I used photos of another one, by Bernie
      Kempinski, in my Undying Courage: Antietam in Miniature wargaming book.

      Is anyone aware of other model depictions of Burnside's Bridge?
    • jdpolaski@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 28, 2007
        They also have one at a gift shop across the road from the visitors center
        at Antietam. But I think you have to have reservations at the gift shop. It
        was made up by a former re-enactor.