Re: Richardson was son of Israel Putnam?

  • barringer63
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 27, 2007
      Tom Shay wrote:

      > In his book "Antietam Revealed", Dennis Frye states the following on
      page 106 (note 1084):

      > General Israel Bush Richardson "was the son of Revolutionary War
      Gen. Israel Putnam."

      Almost right, Tom. Gen. Richardson's obit in the Nov. 5,
      1862 "Detroit Advertiser and Tribune" stated that Richardson was the
      son of Israel Putnam Richardson and Susan Holmes Richardson. Other
      sources say that General Richardson was a descendant of the AmRev war
      general Israel Putnam.

      Regards,
      Teej
      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 1, 2007
        I think this is amazing. It sure isn't talked about much.

        Stephen