Richardson was son of Israel Putnam?

  • Tom Shay
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 27, 2007
      In his book "Antietam Revealed", Dennis Frye states the following on page 106 (note 1084):

      General Israel Bush Richardson "was the son of Revolutionary War Gen. Israel Putnam."

      I am in serious doubt of this being true. Any others concur? Perhaps a grandson?

      I find this book to be full of interesting factoids, but continue to spot a troubling number of errors.

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 1, 2007
        I think this is amazing. It sure isn't talked about much.

        Stephen