Re: [TalkAntietam] Scalawag defined

  • W.H. Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
      >For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone
      >bad. Worse than >carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take
      >advantage of us, a scalawag was a >Southerner in cahoots with the evil
      >occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from >Scarlett for a
      >buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

      Howdy:

      I do not usually use wikipedia as a source, but it's definition of the term
      is particularly good.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalawags

      I picked up the nickname "scalawag," because I was only Southerner at work
      who wrote and researched the Union army in the American Civil War.

      Regards,
      Bill Brown
      scalawag14@...
      william.h.brown@...

      "There are no bad regiments, there are only bad officers."

      Field Marshall Lord Slim

      From photos to predictions, The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes has
      it all. http://tv.msn.com/tv/globes2007/?icid=nctagline1
    • richard@rcroker.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2007
        This is what I'm sayin'. My grandmomma was always right.