Re: [TalkAntietam] Scalawag

  • T.R.Livesey
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2007
      If I may interject, your clue here was "by definition":

      Main Entry: scal·a·wag
      Variant(s): or scal·ly·wag /'ska-li-"wag/
      Function: noun
      Etymology: origin unknown
      1 : SCAMP, REPROBATE
      2 : a white Southerner acting in support of the reconstruction governments after
      the American Civil War often for private gain

      T.R. Livesey
      tlivesey@...

      On Sat Jan 6 12:07 , 'G E Mayers' <gerry1952@...> sent:

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2007
        Dear Todd,

        So, could you consider Danny Boy, in light of one of the meanings of
        the term, a Scalawag?

        God. --Anonymous