Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: "New" Lee portrait

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      Teej;

      Just wait for my reply...all guns cocked and ready to fire at your
      command ma'am!

      God. --Anonymous
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
        By definition, a scalawag cannot be a Yankee.
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
          Dear Richard,

          Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
          Scalawag etc.

          God. --Anonymous

        • richard@rcroker.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
            For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
              Dear Richard,

              I understood that...but apparently the term has another
              definition.....

              God. --Anonymous
              > For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us"
              > gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to
              > take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with
              > the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from
              > Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my
              > grandmamma told me.
              >
              > Richard

            • barringer63
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                Gerry Mayers wrote:

                > Dear Richard,
                >
                > I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                > definition.....

                The traditional definition is "mischievious person or scamp" but I
                think we can agree that definition doesn't fit Dan Sickles either.

                Teej