Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: "New" Lee portrait

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      Teej;

      Just wait for my reply...all guns cocked and ready to fire at your
      command ma'am!

      God. --Anonymous
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        Hi Folks,

        Please keep this thread to the subject of the picture or the MotC or
        closely related. Silly partisan baiting is right out, and a waste of
        perfectly good electrons to boot.

        Thanks,
        Brian

      • richard@rcroker.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
          By definition, a scalawag cannot be a Yankee.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
            Dear Richard,

            Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
            Scalawag etc.

            God. --Anonymous

          • richard@rcroker.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
              For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                Dear Richard,

                I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                definition.....

                God. --Anonymous
                > For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us"
                > gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to
                > take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with
                > the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from
                > Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my
                > grandmamma told me.
                >
                > Richard

              • barringer63
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                  Gerry Mayers wrote:

                  > Dear Richard,
                  >
                  > I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                  > definition.....

                  The traditional definition is "mischievious person or scamp" but I
                  think we can agree that definition doesn't fit Dan Sickles either.

                  Teej