Re: [TalkAntietam] Re: "New" Lee portrait

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      Harry:

      Whoa! Marse Lee robbin', stealin' secesh>?>>>!!?!?!? Them is fightin'
      words Suh!!!

      Now Danny Boy...would be a perfect lyin', stealin', murderin', boozin'
      etc scoundrel and scalawag of a Yankee!!!

      God. --Anonymous
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        Teej;

        Just wait for my reply...all guns cocked and ready to fire at your
        command ma'am!

        God. --Anonymous
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          Hi Folks,

          Please keep this thread to the subject of the picture or the MotC or
          closely related. Silly partisan baiting is right out, and a waste of
          perfectly good electrons to boot.

          Thanks,
          Brian

        • richard@rcroker.com

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
              Dear Richard,

              Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
              Scalawag etc.

              God. --Anonymous

            • richard@rcroker.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                  Dear Richard,

                  I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                  definition.....

                  God. --Anonymous
                  > For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us"
                  > gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to
                  > take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with
                  > the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from
                  > Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my
                  > grandmamma told me.
                  >
                  > Richard

                • barringer63
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                    Gerry Mayers wrote:

                    > Dear Richard,
                    >
                    > I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                    > definition.....

                    The traditional definition is "mischievious person or scamp" but I
                    think we can agree that definition doesn't fit Dan Sickles either.

                    Teej