RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: "New" Lee portrait

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      I don't think they're in any position to look a gift horse in the mouth.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        Harry:

        Whoa! Marse Lee robbin', stealin' secesh>?>>>!!?!?!? Them is fightin'
        words Suh!!!

        Now Danny Boy...would be a perfect lyin', stealin', murderin', boozin'
        etc scoundrel and scalawag of a Yankee!!!

        God. --Anonymous

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          Teej;

          Just wait for my reply...all guns cocked and ready to fire at your
          command ma'am!

          God. --Anonymous

        • bdowney@aotw.org
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
            Hi Folks,

            Please keep this thread to the subject of the picture or the MotC or
            closely related. Silly partisan baiting is right out, and a waste of
            perfectly good electrons to boot.

            Thanks,
            Brian

          • richard@rcroker.com

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
                Dear Richard,

                Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
                Scalawag etc.

                God. --Anonymous

              • richard@rcroker.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                  For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                    Dear Richard,

                    I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                    definition.....

                    God. --Anonymous
                    > For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us"
                    > gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to
                    > take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with
                    > the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from
                    > Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my
                    > grandmamma told me.
                    >
                    > Richard

                  • barringer63
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                      Gerry Mayers wrote:

                      > Dear Richard,
                      >
                      > I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                      > definition.....

                      The traditional definition is "mischievious person or scamp" but I
                      think we can agree that definition doesn't fit Dan Sickles either.

                      Teej