Re: "New" Lee portrait

  • barringer63
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      Harry Smeltzer wrote:

      > If they want my money they better sell a picture of someone other
      than a
      > lying, thieving, murderous secesh!!!!!!
      >>
      > How about Dan Sickles?

      Sorry, I don't think the MoC does lyin', thievin', murderous Union
      men.

      Teej

    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        I don't think they're in any position to look a gift horse in the mouth.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          Harry:

          Whoa! Marse Lee robbin', stealin' secesh>?>>>!!?!?!? Them is fightin'
          words Suh!!!

          Now Danny Boy...would be a perfect lyin', stealin', murderin', boozin'
          etc scoundrel and scalawag of a Yankee!!!

          God. --Anonymous

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
            Teej;

            Just wait for my reply...all guns cocked and ready to fire at your
            command ma'am!

            God. --Anonymous

          • bdowney@aotw.org
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
              Hi Folks,

              Please keep this thread to the subject of the picture or the MotC or
              closely related. Silly partisan baiting is right out, and a waste of
              perfectly good electrons to boot.

              Thanks,
              Brian

            • richard@rcroker.com

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
                  Dear Richard,

                  Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
                  Scalawag etc.

                  God. --Anonymous

                • richard@rcroker.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                    For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                      Dear Richard,

                      I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                      definition.....

                      God. --Anonymous
                      > For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us"
                      > gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to
                      > take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with
                      > the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from
                      > Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my
                      > grandmamma told me.
                      >
                      > Richard

                    • barringer63
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                        Gerry Mayers wrote:

                        > Dear Richard,
                        >
                        > I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                        > definition.....

                        The traditional definition is "mischievious person or scamp" but I
                        think we can agree that definition doesn't fit Dan Sickles either.

                        Teej