RE: [TalkAntietam] Re: "New" Lee portrait

  • Harry Smeltzer
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      If they want my money they better sell a picture of someone other than a
      lying, thieving, murderous secesh!!!!!!

      How about Dan Sickles?

      Harry

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        Harry Smeltzer wrote:

        > If they want my money they better sell a picture of someone other
        than a
        > lying, thieving, murderous secesh!!!!!!
        >>
        > How about Dan Sickles?

        Sorry, I don't think the MoC does lyin', thievin', murderous Union
        men.

        Teej

      • Harry Smeltzer
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          I don't think they're in any position to look a gift horse in the mouth.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
            Harry:

            Whoa! Marse Lee robbin', stealin' secesh>?>>>!!?!?!? Them is fightin'
            words Suh!!!

            Now Danny Boy...would be a perfect lyin', stealin', murderin', boozin'
            etc scoundrel and scalawag of a Yankee!!!

            God. --Anonymous

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
              Teej;

              Just wait for my reply...all guns cocked and ready to fire at your
              command ma'am!

              God. --Anonymous

            • bdowney@aotw.org
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                Hi Folks,

                Please keep this thread to the subject of the picture or the MotC or
                closely related. Silly partisan baiting is right out, and a waste of
                perfectly good electrons to boot.

                Thanks,
                Brian

              • richard@rcroker.com

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
                    Dear Richard,

                    Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
                    Scalawag etc.

                    God. --Anonymous

                  • richard@rcroker.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                      For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                        Dear Richard,

                        I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                        definition.....

                        God. --Anonymous
                        > For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us"
                        > gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to
                        > take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with
                        > the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from
                        > Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my
                        > grandmamma told me.
                        >
                        > Richard

                      • barringer63
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                          Gerry Mayers wrote:

                          > Dear Richard,
                          >
                          > I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                          > definition.....

                          The traditional definition is "mischievious person or scamp" but I
                          think we can agree that definition doesn't fit Dan Sickles either.

                          Teej