Re: "New" Lee portrait

  • barringer63
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      Marc Riddell wrote:

      > Saw the same article this morning. I think it is great the owner is
      having 500 prints made to sell for $300 each and the money goes to the
      museum. Imagine a protrait of Marsh Robert not seen since 1868.

      Now might be a good time to let folks know that the Museum of the
      Confederacy can use all the financial help it can get if we don't want
      to see the doors closed permanently or moved to parts unknown.

      Regards,
      Teej
    • Harry Smeltzer
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        If they want my money they better sell a picture of someone other than a
        lying, thieving, murderous secesh!!!!!!

        How about Dan Sickles?

        Harry

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          Harry Smeltzer wrote:

          > If they want my money they better sell a picture of someone other
          than a
          > lying, thieving, murderous secesh!!!!!!
          >>
          > How about Dan Sickles?

          Sorry, I don't think the MoC does lyin', thievin', murderous Union
          men.

          Teej

        • Harry Smeltzer
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
            I don't think they're in any position to look a gift horse in the mouth.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
              Harry:

              Whoa! Marse Lee robbin', stealin' secesh>?>>>!!?!?!? Them is fightin'
              words Suh!!!

              Now Danny Boy...would be a perfect lyin', stealin', murderin', boozin'
              etc scoundrel and scalawag of a Yankee!!!

              God. --Anonymous

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                Teej;

                Just wait for my reply...all guns cocked and ready to fire at your
                command ma'am!

                God. --Anonymous

              • bdowney@aotw.org
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                  Hi Folks,

                  Please keep this thread to the subject of the picture or the MotC or
                  closely related. Silly partisan baiting is right out, and a waste of
                  perfectly good electrons to boot.

                  Thanks,
                  Brian

                • richard@rcroker.com

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
                      Dear Richard,

                      Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
                      Scalawag etc.

                      God. --Anonymous

                    • richard@rcroker.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                        For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                          Dear Richard,

                          I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                          definition.....

                          God. --Anonymous
                          > For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us"
                          > gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to
                          > take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with
                          > the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from
                          > Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my
                          > grandmamma told me.
                          >
                          > Richard

                        • barringer63
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                            Gerry Mayers wrote:

                            > Dear Richard,
                            >
                            > I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                            > definition.....

                            The traditional definition is "mischievious person or scamp" but I
                            think we can agree that definition doesn't fit Dan Sickles either.

                            Teej