Re: [TalkAntietam] "New" Lee portrait

  • Marc73@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      Saw the same article this morning. I think it is great the owner is having 500 prints made to sell for $300 each and the money goes to the museum. Imagine a protrait of Marsh Robert not seen since 1868.

      Marc Riddell

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        Marc Riddell wrote:

        > Saw the same article this morning. I think it is great the owner is
        having 500 prints made to sell for $300 each and the money goes to the
        museum. Imagine a protrait of Marsh Robert not seen since 1868.

        Now might be a good time to let folks know that the Museum of the
        Confederacy can use all the financial help it can get if we don't want
        to see the doors closed permanently or moved to parts unknown.

        Regards,
        Teej
      • Harry Smeltzer
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          If they want my money they better sell a picture of someone other than a
          lying, thieving, murderous secesh!!!!!!

          How about Dan Sickles?

          Harry

          > Saw the same article this morning. I think it is great the owner is
          having 500 prints made to sell for $300 each and the money goes to the
          museum. Imagine a protrait of Marsh Robert not seen since 1868.

          Now might be a good time to let folks know that the Museum of the
          Confederacy can use all the financial help it can get if we don't want
          to see the doors closed permanently or moved to parts unknown.

          Regards,
          Teej

        • barringer63
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
            Harry Smeltzer wrote:

            > If they want my money they better sell a picture of someone other
            than a
            > lying, thieving, murderous secesh!!!!!!
            >>
            > How about Dan Sickles?

            Sorry, I don't think the MoC does lyin', thievin', murderous Union
            men.

            Teej

          • Harry Smeltzer
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
              I don't think they're in any position to look a gift horse in the mouth.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                Harry:

                Whoa! Marse Lee robbin', stealin' secesh>?>>>!!?!?!? Them is fightin'
                words Suh!!!

                Now Danny Boy...would be a perfect lyin', stealin', murderin', boozin'
                etc scoundrel and scalawag of a Yankee!!!

                God. --Anonymous

                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                  Teej;

                  Just wait for my reply...all guns cocked and ready to fire at your
                  command ma'am!

                  God. --Anonymous

                • bdowney@aotw.org
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                    Hi Folks,

                    Please keep this thread to the subject of the picture or the MotC or
                    closely related. Silly partisan baiting is right out, and a waste of
                    perfectly good electrons to boot.

                    Thanks,
                    Brian

                  • richard@rcroker.com

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 6, 2007
                        Dear Richard,

                        Please kindly enlighten the rest of us on the differences between a
                        Scalawag etc.

                        God. --Anonymous

                      • richard@rcroker.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                          For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us" gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my grandmamma told me.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                            Dear Richard,

                            I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                            definition.....

                            God. --Anonymous
                            > For those of us Southern "born & bred," a scalawag was one of "us"
                            > gone bad. Worse than carpetbaggers who were Yankees come south to
                            > take advantage of us, a scalawag was a Southerner in cahoots with
                            > the evil occupiers. That sob in GWTW who tried to steal Tara from
                            > Scarlett for a buck-fifty was a scalawag. Now -- that's what my
                            > grandmamma told me.
                            >
                            > Richard

                          • barringer63
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 8, 2007
                              Gerry Mayers wrote:

                              > Dear Richard,
                              >
                              > I understood that...but apparently the term has another
                              > definition.....

                              The traditional definition is "mischievious person or scamp" but I
                              think we can agree that definition doesn't fit Dan Sickles either.

                              Teej