Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam trip report from 12-28-2006

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007

      Thanks for the kind words, but the best way to see the battlefield is
      still one of the ranger-led tours on those special weekends. Second
      best is some time with an Antietam Battlefield Guide...or perhaps
      running into Tom Shay, (of ABG poster fame) and eavesdropping.

      BTW, we are having another guide test at the end of January. Anyone
      interested can contact me off-forum at the email or phone numbers
      below. Thanks.

      Stephen

      On Saturday, December 30, 2006, at 08:28 PM, Tom Shay wrote:

      > Since I live over 130 miles from Antietam, I cannot commit to become
      > an official guide. Stephen Recker and his guide corps are your best
      > option for securing a well-guided tour of the Antietam fields. I am
      > currently content with researching the battle, trekking over it's
      > hallowed ground, and humbly sharing whatever I know with whomever will
      > listen.

      Stephen Recker
      recker@...
      240-217-3664