Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam trip report from 12-28-2006

  • jdpolaski@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
      You've got some great pic's there.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007

        Thanks for the kind words, but the best way to see the battlefield is
        still one of the ranger-led tours on those special weekends. Second
        best is some time with an Antietam Battlefield Guide...or perhaps
        running into Tom Shay, (of ABG poster fame) and eavesdropping.

        BTW, we are having another guide test at the end of January. Anyone
        interested can contact me off-forum at the email or phone numbers
        below. Thanks.

        Stephen

        On Saturday, December 30, 2006, at 08:28 PM, Tom Shay wrote:

        > Since I live over 130 miles from Antietam, I cannot commit to become
        > an official guide. Stephen Recker and his guide corps are your best
        > option for securing a well-guided tour of the Antietam fields. I am
        > currently content with researching the battle, trekking over it's
        > hallowed ground, and humbly sharing whatever I know with whomever will
        > listen.

        Stephen Recker
        recker@...
        240-217-3664