Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam trip report from 12-28-2006

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
      Dear Tom,

      Thanks. I am well aware of what Stephen and his folks do, which is
      excellent indeed. I was not sure if you were a guide also or whether
      you just happened to get lucky........

      As far as your tramping the field, researching the battle, etc., you
      and I are kindred spirits.

      God. --Anonymous
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
        You've got some great pic's there.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007

          Thanks for the kind words, but the best way to see the battlefield is
          still one of the ranger-led tours on those special weekends. Second
          best is some time with an Antietam Battlefield Guide...or perhaps
          running into Tom Shay, (of ABG poster fame) and eavesdropping.

          BTW, we are having another guide test at the end of January. Anyone
          interested can contact me off-forum at the email or phone numbers
          below. Thanks.

          Stephen

          On Saturday, December 30, 2006, at 08:28 PM, Tom Shay wrote:

          > Since I live over 130 miles from Antietam, I cannot commit to become
          > an official guide. Stephen Recker and his guide corps are your best
          > option for securing a well-guided tour of the Antietam fields. I am
          > currently content with researching the battle, trekking over it's
          > hallowed ground, and humbly sharing whatever I know with whomever will
          > listen.

          Stephen Recker
          recker@...
          240-217-3664