Re: [TalkAntietam] Antietam trip report from 12-28-2006

  • Tom Shay
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 30, 2006

      Since I live over 130 miles from Antietam, I cannot commit to become an official guide. Stephen Recker and his guide corps are your best option for securing a well-guided tour of the Antietam fields. I am currently content with researching the battle, trekking over it's hallowed ground, and humbly sharing whatever I know with whomever will listen.

      Tom Shay - Cressona, PA

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 30, 2006
        I've just added a few more pages of photos and text to my trip report...

        http://home.comcast.net/~schuylkillcwrt/TripReport20061228.htm

        Any comments or questions are always welcome!

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
          Dear Tom,

          Thanks. I am well aware of what Stephen and his folks do, which is
          excellent indeed. I was not sure if you were a guide also or whether
          you just happened to get lucky........

          As far as your tramping the field, researching the battle, etc., you
          and I are kindred spirits.

          God. --Anonymous

        • jdpolaski@aol.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 31, 2006
            You've got some great pic's there.

            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007

              Thanks for the kind words, but the best way to see the battlefield is
              still one of the ranger-led tours on those special weekends. Second
              best is some time with an Antietam Battlefield Guide...or perhaps
              running into Tom Shay, (of ABG poster fame) and eavesdropping.

              BTW, we are having another guide test at the end of January. Anyone
              interested can contact me off-forum at the email or phone numbers
              below. Thanks.

              Stephen

              On Saturday, December 30, 2006, at 08:28 PM, Tom Shay wrote:

              > Since I live over 130 miles from Antietam, I cannot commit to become
              > an official guide. Stephen Recker and his guide corps are your best
              > option for securing a well-guided tour of the Antietam fields. I am
              > currently content with researching the battle, trekking over it's
              > hallowed ground, and humbly sharing whatever I know with whomever will
              > listen.

              Stephen Recker
              recker@...
              240-217-3664