Re: [TalkAntietam] Little Antietam bridge: cross via tour bus?

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
      You talking Hooker's flank march? I've been on a bus tour that went
      across there, but don't do it on my say so.

      Stephen Recker

      On Friday, December 29, 2006, at 11:53 PM, Tom Shay wrote:

      > Does anyone know if a tour bus can make it across the bridge over the
      > Little Antietam creek? NPS replied to my email that they do not know.
      >
      > Any info is appreciated!
      >
      > Tom Shay
    • Tom Shay
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
        Stephen,

        Yes, this route would follow Hooker's March. I was on a bus tour (about 15 years ago) that crossed the Little Antietam bridge, but one never knows what limits have been imposed since then.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
          Tom,
          The limit posted is 15 tons, which theroetically excludes most
          motorcoaches. Despite that I have taken tour buses across it numerous
          times, and I know Dennis Frye does also. It just depends on your driver
          since they can be fined if they violate the limit.
          Tom Clemens