Little Antietam bridge: cross via tour bus?

  • Tom Shay
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2006
      Does anyone know if a tour bus can make it across the bridge over the Little Antietam creek? NPS replied to my email that they do not know.

      Any info is appreciated!

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
        You talking Hooker's flank march? I've been on a bus tour that went
        across there, but don't do it on my say so.

        Stephen Recker

        On Friday, December 29, 2006, at 11:53 PM, Tom Shay wrote:

        > Does anyone know if a tour bus can make it across the bridge over the
        > Little Antietam creek? NPS replied to my email that they do not know.
        >
        > Any info is appreciated!
        >
        > Tom Shay
      • Tom Shay
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 30, 2006
          Stephen,

          Yes, this route would follow Hooker's March. I was on a bus tour (about 15 years ago) that crossed the Little Antietam bridge, but one never knows what limits have been imposed since then.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 31, 2006
            The limit posted is 15 tons, which theroetically excludes most
            motorcoaches. Despite that I have taken tour buses across it numerous
            times, and I know Dennis Frye does also. It just depends on your driver
            since they can be fined if they violate the limit.
            Tom Clemens