monuments - preservation and maintenance in Eastern shore Md

  • 128thpa@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2006
      Excuse my off-topic request, but it relates to preservation.
      My son is a reporter in Salisbury, Md. He is working on an article about the preservation and maintenance of monuments/memorials in Eastern Shore Maryland (also the north eastern part of Va that lies below Md, but mostly Md). I have given him some ideas of where to look - but he is trying to find names and numbers of people to call. He has tried some local historical societies, but can't seem to get beyond that.

      For example he has done some research on the Mason-Dixon Line markers but can't seem to find one person or group that has the jurisdiction to repair/maintain those monuments.

      So if anyone has any ideas or even better knows someone he can contact to discuss any of these monuments in the Eastern shore Md area, Please contact me privately at 128thpa@.... I do not want to tie up this mail-list. Thank you.

      Paula